The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
In this role, you will:
Impact on the Business
- Interpret channel strategy at a site/ segment level and drive the delivery of a high quality, high volume processing / customer contact centre, focusing upon process improvement
- Take accountability for the performance of contact centre inhouse sales teams and TPCA sales teams and all that they do, contributing to the successful delivery of ‘Best in Class’ standards whilst remaining within key operational performance parameters.
- Understand key Business Intelligence Data and be able to translate into collective and individual team performance proactively driving customer needs identification, service and efficiencies
- Communicate all operational requirements and changes to teams to ensure effective implementation
- Continually reassess and ensure operational risks are minimized, internal controls are adhered to and regulatory and compliance requirements are met.
- Plan and prioritise work appropriately e.g. considering importance, urgency, customer and business impact
- Proactively plan for success of the contact centre by understanding group and CoE directives and working in a matrix organization to deliver operational objectives
- Manage operational contingency requirements on an ongoing basis by keeping the contingency requirements continually updated in terms of strategic changes
Customers / Stakeholders
- Lead contact centre sales teams (including TPCAs) that delivers outstanding customer service and sales propositions. Wins new and lasting customer relationships
- Develops actionable plans around people capability that are aligned with HSBC’s business strategies and drives change in people capability in order to differentiate HSBC and its brand from competitors.
- Implements agreed action plans from Customer Service feedback
- Provides feedback and proposals to Senior Managers on contact centre performance and progress
- Conducts second level new hire interviews as required
- Manage and resolve escalated customer concerns and use appropriate business judgment making considered business decisions to manage monetary adjustments (in line with authority level) that protect and enhance HSBC Group values, reputation and the business.
- Champion and embrace change and innovation within the teams
- Initiates and rewards activities focused on delivering outstanding customer service and/ or improving customer advocacy
- Development of succession plan for all roles, ensuring continuity of service and operational excellence
Leadership & Teamwork
- Full accountability for the leadership, coaching, objective setting, performance and absence management of up to 8 Team Managers ensuring they deliver outstanding customer service through their teams and achieve balanced scorecard.
- Through pro-active coaching, feedback and other development interventions help build your Team Managers’s capabilities, ensuring talent is recognized and underperformance is managed appropriately
- Conduct value-adding monthly 1:1’s, mid-year and year-end performance reviews, meeting all GPM requirements
- Adhere to and accountability for relevant procedures under defined coaching scheme
- Manage employee related concerns such as retention, absenteeism, morale, conflict resolution, employee grievances and under-performance. (including stage 2 gross misconduct and disciplinary procedures)
- Lead a team of dedicated people in the creation, coordination and delivery of innovative engagement initiatives and activities aligned to business and people strategy.
- Maintains a high level of understanding of how the site operates, who is responsible for certain areas and how to accomplish tasks with limited time.
- Create robust team environment where skills and knowledge is openly shared to achieve team and business goals including embedding a best place to work environment for all teams
- Act as a role model for our Group values and behaviors, authentically engaging with team, colleagues and customers to deliver Superior Customer Service
- Demonstrates professionalism and confidence
- Provide cover for other department managers as required
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Knowledge of Group compliance, Operational Risk and SOX (Sarbanes- Oxley Requirements) for RBWM Centres
- Coordinates findings and resolutions of HSBC internal control audits
- Coordinates awareness programs and completion of all elements of Operational Risk associated with the role in compliance to SOX for contact centres
- Conducts audit the auditor duties within the contact centre as required
- Understand and ensure contact centre sales teams adhere to local regulatory requirements.
- Complete tasks and fulfill responsibilities as outlined in CDD LoBP, AML Policy; Sanctions Policy and always stay vigilant to identify and report warning signs to detect, deter and protect customers and the bank from fraud and financial crimes.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related field desired but not necessary dependent upon prevailing market conditions
- At least 5 years of relevant Management experience in financial services and/or call centre operations is desired but not necessary dependent upon prevailing market
- Experience in financial products, high volume processing center operations, contact center operations, quality and production management, performance and process engineering
- Relationship Management, Operational Risk Management, Analytics, Performance Management, Service Excellence and Customer Experience Focus
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
- Proven strong leadership, motivational, analytical, planning communications, organizational, problem-solving, managerial, project management and customer service skills.
- A high level of EQ coupled with the ability to set clear stretching goals for others and inspire them to achieve
- Thorough understanding of the contact center concept and its importance in maintaining and expanding account relationships.
- Problem solving and Decision making skills – PSDM with an ability to respond quickly and communicate effective remedial plans if need be.
- Experience of coaching, mentoring, developing others and motivation skills
- Computer literacy (word processing, spreadsheets and database applications)
- Must be well organized, demonstrate initiative, and able to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with a passion for developing a culture of empowerment
- Maintain document control and data integrity
- A passion for delivering the operational balanced scorecard through engaged , empowered , well trained people
- Proficient in English and local language
You must sign in to apply for this position.