Website VNG Corporation
Payment Engine (PE) is the heart of ZaloPay. The module specializes in transaction processing and fund flows. Technically, it is a Distributed Transaction Coordinator. The system supports various types of transactions (top-up, withdrawal, money transfer, payment, …). The main technical requirements of the system are to provide high throughput (3k TPS), low latency, high availability, and highly scalable APIs.
We’re looking for people with strong backgrounds or interests in building successful products or systems from the ground up. Join ZaloPay Payment Engine team and you will have the opportunity to be part of the most important component of ZaloPay system!
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will:
- Design, build and maintain large-scale services, data pipelines, tooling, and systems. Make a direct business impact in some of ZaloPay’s most mission-critical business domains including Merchant, Accounting, Finance, and Business Operations.
- Build strict controls across pipelines to ensure super high accuracy for all financial transactions. Ensure accurate, reliable, and timely financial reporting is delivered to a single source-of-truth financial data warehouse.
- Work in an Agile & collaborative environment involving different stakeholders.
Our requirements are:
- At least 5 years of experience working as a Backend Engineer;
- Hands-on experience working with Java and Java frameworks;
- Have implemented and delivered distributed systems on a large scale;
- Experiences with distributed transaction algorithms such as TCC, SAGA, Two-Phase Commit;
- SQL, NoSQL database knowledge;
- Distributed Caching such as Redis;
- Distributed Locking such as ZooKeeper;
- Distributed Event Streaming Platform such as Kafka;
- Have experience in operating and maintaining a large-scale system;
- Have experience in tracing system problem;
- Are interested in solving business problems for ZaloPay’s Payment Engine team;
The following skills would be nice to have:
- Experiences with big-data technologies such as Apache Kafka, and OLAP.
- Experiences with financial-related platforms/products are a plus.
- Knowing how to work with K8S or cloud services, e.g GCP, AWS… is a big plus.
Why you will love working at ZaloPay:
- A competitive salary with a fixed 13th-month salary and a variety of allowances
- Annual performance bonus, VNG Birthday Bonus, and gifts on special occasions.
- Personal finance coach/ sharing workshop.
- Special support for all employees/ dependents who are under treatment for serious disease or impacts of storm/ flood/ fire.
Community and personal development
- International assignments and careers in 16 countries with challenging positions in all company functions and global environments.
- Job rotation and movement in different positions within 4 BUs.
- Development opportunities: great career path, working with a talented team, approaching newest technologies (with international tech workshop/ conference), and challenging with new projects.
- Professional career development opportunities with First Line & Middle Manager Development, Talent Development, Advanced Leadership, and various fresher programs.
- Diversified learning and development program with over +21,000 courses including offline & online training, LearningBox, and Coaching/ Mentoring.
Leave & time-off
- Annual leave: 14 – 20 days/year and other leave in accordance with the Labor Law of Vietnam.
- Up to 30 days sick leave with full-paid salary.
- 05 days per year to build up teamwork, and challenge/sports events.
Health and Wellness
- Annual periodic medical checkup.
- Health/ Social Insurances & Generali Insurance.
- Gym, Swimming pool, Kid yard, library, and clinic room are available at Campus for employees and their kids.
- Sports sponsorship for all employees who join challenging sports events.
And other benefits in accordance with the Labor Law of Vietnam
You must sign in to apply for this position.