OPSWAT is a global cyber security company providing solutions for enterprises since 2002 to identify, detect, and remediate advanced security threats from data and devices coming into and out their networks. Trusted by over 1,000 organizations worldwide and with over 30 anti-malware engines, 100+ data sanitization engines and more than 25 technology integration partners, OPSWAT is a pioneer and leader in data sanitization, vulnerability detection, multi-scanning, device compliance, and cloud access control. OPSWAT. Trust no file. Trust no device.
OPSWAT is now searching for (Mid – Senior) Technical Support Engineer to join our Customer Support team. The Senior Technical Support Engineer manages customer issues to ensure that they are resolved quickly and satisfactorily. He or she also works to mentor and lead others on the support team, to improve customer support processes, to maintain strong customer satisfaction, and to influence the product roadmap. As a member of a small and dynamic company, he or she also gets involved in other activities such as technical assistance to the Sales team, helping customers integrate OSPWAT products, helping to test and assess new products and product releases, and other special projects. We are looking for an energetic and motivated person who likes interacting with customers, tinkering with software, learning about new technologies, and “doing what it takes” to contribute to OPSWAT’s quick growth.
What You Will Be Doing
- Resolving customer issues (which are often technical issues) rapidly and comprehensively, making sure to meet published SLAs.
- Working closely with technically oriented customers (typical customers are engineers and IT personnel).
- Maintaining strong customer relationships through regularly scheduled conference calls to review open issues, and occasional in-person meetings.
- Coordinating activity between Support, R&D, Product Management, and other departments.
- Mentoring and assisting the support team, both locally and in remote offices.
- Managing and contributing to light technical one-off projects.
- Performing implementations both remote and on-site to deliver professional services (training, system implementation) per request.
- Participating in technology workshops with vendors and customers.
- Working in night shift.
What We Need From You
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of Linux with proven experience working on Linux based infrastructure is a must.
- Technical familiarity with macOS and Windows.
- Experience working with scripting languages such as bash script, PowerShell, and Python
- Strong spoken and written English language skills.
- Presentation skills (ability to describe things and to convey ideas to others in an easy way).
- A proven customer-oriented attitude, including the ability to work with difficult and/or frustrated customers.
- Ability to think logically, analyze logs and troubleshoot computer software and IT related issues.
- Strong organizational skills.
It Would be Nice if You Had
- Experience working with offshore teams.
- Experience in testing, deployment, integration and operation of NAC/Switching/Wireless security solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of Aruba, Cisco, Juniper, Ruckus, Aerohive, Extreme and Wireless platforms.
- Cybersecurity domain experience, including file security, device security, network security etc.
- Experience in Cloud Based Service (e.g. AWS, GCP) is a big plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Network security technologies such as NAC, NGFW, SIEM, and secure remote access is a big plus.
- Configuration and management of databases such as MySQL, Mongo.
- Technical writing skills.
OPSWAT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants, free of discrimination and harassment of any type. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements, and business needs without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
You must sign in to apply for this position.