TS&D Specialist will have a high level of autonomy in developing technical solutions and innovation to advance opportunities. The incumbent is expected to work with minimum supervision and highly motivated. Able to work at a fast pace in a very dynamic business environment.
- Technical support and application development for Silicone and organic polymeric materials with focus on Pressure sensitive business for Consumer and Electronics market (based on different chemistries such as silicone, Polyurethane, Acrylic and rubber)
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of assigned Dow products and targeted applications, and uses the knowledge to drive technical discussions at customers on suitability of material to customer specific application and advice for customers on product recommendation and use in their applications (such as material properties, how to apply material, how to convert and troubleshooting)
- Coordinates with cross-functional stakeholders (commercial, technical) to drive innovation growth
- Technical support and application development for Silicone and organic polymeric materials (based on different chemistries such as silicone, Polyurethane, Acrylic and rubber)
- Help to Develop Pressure sensitive business focusing on PSA markets (Protective films, Adhesive/ tapes for Electronics, die -cut convertors) by identifying new opportunities for unmet customer needs or new applications and converting growth opportunities to commercial success.
- Onsite or off-site lab work in Vietnam or other countries such as Singapore etc, including of formulation mixing, coating, converting, adhesion/ shear/ tack/ rheology tests etc
- Conduct different characterizations for products in lab and assess material properties to generate data for existing materials or new product development
- Deliver an excellent customer experience for existing and prospective customers with a customer-centric mindset and ensure consistent experience across different touchpoints with Dow
- Lab management: Establish pressure sensitive adhesive lab and maintain lab for technical service activities for Vietnam with high safety emphasis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientation
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Chemistry/Polymers/ Materials/ Organic chemistry/Applied chemistry/ coating technology and manufacturing/ chemical engineering/ chemical process engineering
- Knowledge in terms of adhesives properties (Silicones, Hotmelt, acrylics, rubber adhesives)
- Excellent English skills required, Vietnamese, Korean and/or Chinese spoken language proficiency is a plus
- 5plus years experience in the chemical industry and Minimum 3 years prior hands on experience of product/ formulation/technical service/ technology development in adhesives /pressure sensitive industry, experience on silicone related and /or release coating / PSA technologies will be beneficial
- Knowledge of different coating processes preferably wide web converting/lamination, Application knowledge in pressure sensitive in-process to end user applications will be advantageous. Fundamental understanding of rheology, Prior experience in paper/ film making process will be a plus
- End application in consumer electronics, diecut, medical, tapes, labels, graphics, printings
- Knowledge of trends in pressure sensitive industry and release coating industry will be advantageous.
- Ability to travel in Vietnam and outside of Vietnam as per need (atleast 30% of time)
- Ability to work in lab for sample preparations for solvent based and solventless products with high safety quotient (atleast 50% of time)
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) leadership to achieve profitable growth and deliver a sustainable future. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates 104 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $55 billion in 2021. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow’s equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.
You must sign in to apply for this position.