Challenges You Will Solve
- Design and optimize database administration tasks including configuration management, backup/recovery, performance tuning, monitoring, and space management.
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Responsible for the performance of server instances and the safety (backups) of the data in the database.
- Serve as an SME to application teams in RDBMS functionality in AWS and Google Cloud Platform on MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL and BigQuery.
- Experience implementation and troubleshooting third party tools such as Kafka, ElasticSearch and Redis.
- Identify issues and concerns from a database design perspective to ensure they are considered and addressed up-front.
- Understand software development initiatives and technical dabt and partner with application engineers and product owners to build remediation goals including database upgrades and data migrations into team roadmaps.
- Coordinate and participate in database stress testing and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide the required support for installing new DBMS versions and applying maintenance fixes and patches.
- Provide day-to-day support for databases and database applications.
- Develops, tests and installs production scheduled jobs using database utilities to manage ongoing maintenance, record deletion and database re-organization to ensure the ongoing efficient operation of databases.
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Database Management / Data Integration.
- Proficient in multiple Database Management Systems including SQL and Document Databases (e.g. DB2i, DB2 LUW, DataStax, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB).
- Experience and proficient with OEM, RMAN, ASM, RAC, Golden Gate, and Data Guard/Data Guard Broker
- Experience with Redis, Kafka, and ElasticSearch
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, and integrity
- Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.