Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other. Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
You are a Software Engineering Manager with experience building, expanding and caring for a IoT devices that help public safety officers in their day to day activities. You have passion and experience in growing exceptional developers and productive teams. You have solid experience in modern embedded and multimedia technologies. You want to lead multiple teams of software experts in building complex and impactful software systems while keeping your hands in the technical details. You also enjoy mentoring and growing engineers. Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. What You’ll Do.
Location: Hybrid working at our HCMC office.
- Manage a team across concept, development and in-market software projects for IoT devices
- Ensure and encourage communication across related global teams such as quality assurance, backend services, mobile application and desktop application teams
- Ensure high quality and future maintainability output from a team with a strong emphasis on tracking metrics and monitoring errors in the field
- Guide team on use of new technologies balancing risk and reward
- Define engineering processes and best practices
- Participate in design and code reviews
What You BringBasic Qualifications:
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience leading an engineering team
- Proven ability for coaching and mentoring
- A passion for communication and collaboration
- A track record of planning and delivering on multiple overlapping projects spanning several months
- Experience implementing engineering processes that emphasize security and quality
- English working proficiency
- You distilled your people and team management practices into a set of models and principles that you regularly verbalize, apply, and improve
- You thrived in multi-functional organizations by building consensus and partnering with product management, designers, information security, and recruiting
- You have calibrated coding, system design and behavioral job interview questions that you used to hire top talent and quickly grow your team
- You maintained high performance standards by collecting objective metrics and peer feedback for performance evaluation and management
- You mentored junior and senior engineers, helping them understand themselves, influence others, and advance towards their career goals
- You established trust with senior leaders by aligning your priorities with theirs, providing timely, accurate, and succinct status updates, and helping other teams when needed
- You have kept your engineering skills sharp so you can review your team’s code, evaluate design options, and provide high-level cost estimates
- You follow the latest in open source technologies and can intuit the fine line between a promising new practice and an overhyped fad
Benefits That Benefit You
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Robust Paid Time Off policy
- Lunch allowance
- Cell phone stipend
- Free LinkedIn Learning account
- Access to 24/7 online emotional and mental support
- Gym membership
- Free parking
- Stocked fridges and pantries – free coffee, cold beverages, snacks
- Annual Company Outing Trip
- Monthly team social activities
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
You must sign in to apply for this position.