Website Thought Machine
Thought Machine’s mission is a bold one – to run the world’s most innovative banks with technology built for the modern age. What we are attempting is hard, and means we need great people, working together, to build great technology.
We have undergone rapid growth in the past few years – expanding our team to more than 500 individuals across five offices in London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and Melbourne. Thought Machine is a series D-funded company, and has raised more than $500m and is now valued at $2.7bn. Investors in Thought Machine include Temasek, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase, Intesa Sanpaolo, Standard Chartered and more.
At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best work in the industry. We’re regularly cited as having a fantastic workplace culture – highlighted by FT-backed Sifted magazine as having one of the highest Glassdoor ratings for a UK fintech – as well as having the most generous employee share package in the industry. We’ve been named AltFi’s B2B Fintech of the Year, placed in the FinTech50, and in the IDC list of top 100 Fintechs.
This is an essential role within Thought Machine, operating at a comprehensive technical level, engaging with engineering to understand the impact of technical changes and ensuring the successful delivery of our clients’ requirements.
The Software Engineer interacts with Clients, Business Analysts and Backend Engineers, performing the crucial task of translating business requirements into detailed software solutions and specifications.
The Software Engineer role lays at an intersection between integration consulting, software engineering and technical analysis.
- Analyse and validate business requirements, translating into technical specifications/requirements.
- Evaluate core platform changes versus client specific requests.
- Implement Vault workflows and Python smart contract code from client requirements (Software Engineering).
- Implement helper libraries, tooling and software around Vault Configuration
- Design client solutions / architecture.
- Collaborate with engineering, obtaining a deep technical understanding of Vault and associated roadmap.
- Coordinate impact and requirements across projects.
- Support client staging and development instances.
- Understand, investigate and resolve client technical queries.
- Prioritise and manage backlog and sprint planning.
- Conduct post mortems and defect management on technical issues.
- Participate in testing, release cycles and QA processes relating to client deployments
- Competitive salary
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description.
You must sign in to apply for this position.