DescriptionThe Role Ampere Computing is seeking dynamic candidates for a Principal Software Engineer to design and develop System Control Processor FW for Ampere ARMv8 server SoCs.
What You’ll Do
- Develop specs and design documents as needed.
- Integrate code into virtual platform environment and debug functionality
- Work with HW design teams and bring up Pre-Silicon software support on HW emulation system
- Post-silicon bring up of System Control Processor FW
- Debug, root cause, and resolve SW bugs across multiple subsystems (firmware/OS) and drive them to a resolution.
- Support multiple platforms and projects for internal and external customers.
- Work with ODMs to implement FW features in SoC Reference Platforms
- Interact with Field Application Engineers to address customer issues
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with strong and demonstrable skill in C/C++ and embedded programming with ARM programming experience preferred
- Strong analytical, debugging, and testing methodology skills mandatory
- Background with 32-bit/64-bit in CPU architecture with ARM architecture is preferred
- Experience with firmware, bootloader such as U-boot/BIOS/UEFI, Real Time OS (RTOS), Linux, Windows software development.
- Strong understanding of system power management a plus
- Knowledge of server hardware interfaces (SPI, I2C, DDR3/4/5, PCIe) expected
- Strong security, crypto, and secure boot knowledge is a plus.
- Intimate knowledge of software development process methodology expected
- Experience with SCM, GIT, Jenkins, BugZilla, and JIRA are an added plus
- Experience using JTAG TRACE32 or OpenOCD debuggers highly desirable
- Experience with the product lifecycle. Ability to drive features from requirements to a product.
- Experience in writing sustainable/maintainable quality code.
- Ability to efficiently debug, root cause, and resolve issues spanning multiple subsystems. Proven ability to own problems and drive them to a resolution.
- Self managed individual with experience in Agile Software development process.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with customer interaction and issue diagnostics
- Good English communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related technical field. Master’s Degree preferred.
Ampere is designing the future of hyperscale cloud and edge computing with the world’s first cloud native processor. Built for the cloud with a modern 64-bit Arm server-based architecture, Ampere gives customers the freedom to accelerate the delivery of all cloud computing applications. With industry-leading cloud performance, power efficiency and scalability, Ampere processors are tailored for the continued growth of cloud and edge computing.
Like the scientist behind its name, Ampere employees are innovators. We understand the needs of cloud computing and different software requirements. We are inventing what comes next and looking at everything from the structure of memory and how efficient the system is, to considerations on speed, cost of electricity and ability to cool. Power, size, weight and cost are driving the technology requirements and the innovation to come.
Our world class team of engineers, with depth and expertise in the cloud and semiconductor industries, is not only focused on the development of new semiconductor designs but also building out the first software ecosystem for Arm®-based server processors. Through the Ampere approach to the cloud and edge, we give our customers the freedom to challenge the status quo and accelerate next-generation data centers for the most memory-intensive applications. Given the challenge we have outlined, we are building a culture of entrepreneurs that ensure customers come first, proactively approaching industry challenges in the areas of security, power and performance, delivering results that matter most. We are an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
You must sign in to apply for this position.