Website Carousell Group
Carousell is the leading classifieds group in Greater Southeast Asia on a mission to inspire the world to start buying and selling, and to make secondhand the first choice. Founded in August 2012 in Singapore, the group has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah.my, Cho Tot, OneKyat, Ox Street and Refash, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. We have three technology development centers in Singapore, Taiwan, and India, as well as offices in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, and Vietnam. Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, STIC Investments and Sequoia Capital India.
As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell. Our culture is made up of hiring, developing, and promoting people who embody our values of solving problems for our users; having a mission-first mindset; being relentlessly resourceful; caring deeply; and staying humble to constantly improve. Together as an Organisation, we make magic happen.
Carousell Group is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing classifieds marketplace platforms across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Started in August 2012, Carousell Group began in Singapore and now has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah.my, Cho Tot and OneKyat, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. Carousell Group is backed by leading investors including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver and Sequoia Capital India.
Here at Carousell Group, our engineering team works on a myriad of user problem. You will be one of the few key talents who build and run services that are used by ten of millions around the region. You will need to tackle highly scaled distributed systems, work in highly automated devops environment on top of many open source, CNCF softwares. You will be supported by our solid SRE team to really craft the software and run the product that you are proud of and other engineers admire.
We are looking for Backend Engineers to join our Engineering Team in our Chot Tot Brand.
- Solve engineering problem to enable smart Marketplace ecosystem of products and services.
- Design, Build, Run and improve backend services and framework of create microservices.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Improve engineer efficiency with common libraries, tooling and platform.
- Experience working with one or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems, machine learning, networking, developing large software systems.
- At least 3 yeas of experience in Golang or confident that you can pick it up in no time.
- Experience with two or more data systems but not limited to: Postgres, Mongodb, Elasticsearch, Redis, Kafka, Cassandra.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes.
- Familiar with Microservices, event driven architecture.
- BA or MA degree in engineering, computer science or other technical related field. Or formerly competitive programmer.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Note: Only shortlisted will be notified.
Agencies: Please do not call or email any employee of Carousell Group outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, to the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property/ownership of Carousell Group and, in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
By clicking on Submit, you are accepting to our PDPA policies. In case you are interested to know more, read about our Candidates Personal Data Privacy Statement [https://support.carousell.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410378144537-Candidates-Personal-Data-Privacy-Statement].