About Grafana Cloud
Our Grafana Cloud pipeline moves millions of data points, log lines and traces per second from our customer’s environments into a highly available, low-latency stack that processes and stores the data, and serves it to dashboards and alerting tools. We aim to grow this to hundreds of millions per second, and it’s critical that as we grow, we improve our performance, increase our reliability and do it all more efficiently.
Backend engineering roles at Grafana require engineers with a passion for performance, reliability, and who enjoy taking projects from conception to production.
Since we deploy production services, we have on-call rotations to ensure the health of the system. We dogfood our own services, so being on call is an important way to understand our system and how to use the products we create.
Our culture is one of remote-first, and our engineering organization is largely remote. We provide guidance and meet regularly using video calls, and we need people who can work independently and can communicate well.
We care deeply about open source and the projects generally are open source, check them out: https://github.com/grafana. We primarily use Go.
- You are familiar with programming languages like Go, C, C#, C++, Java or Rust
- You are able to write clean, robust and performant software
- You have experience with network programming or distributed systems development
Nice To Haves
- Familiarity with operations/SRE
- Experience with the monitoring space in general (metrics, logging, tracing, observability)
- Familiarity with time-series applications and concepts, especially Graphite or Prometheus
- Experience with Kubernetes / Kafka / Cassandra / Bigtable / syslog / opentracing or similar technologies
Our Hiring Process
- Video chat with one of our Talent Managers (30 mins)
- Video chat with 2 Hiring Managers (30 mins)
- Live Coding Interview with 2 Engineers (60 mins)
- Systems Design focused interview (45 mins)
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.