We’re on a mission to help people discover the real value of travel — to inspire, to give more reasons, to make it easy — for you to travel. Our company was founded back in 2005, and since then, we’ve imagined and created some of the most well-loved products for travellers all around the world.
Today, Wego is the number 1 travel metasearch engine in the Middle East. There are millions of users on Wego every month — people who travel for adventure, for work, for family and for many other reasons. That’s why we work tirelessly to make your experience of planning & booking flights, hotels and trips as seamless as possible.
About the role
As a senior SDET, you will be embedded in the software development team and help to build their test automation. You will be coming up with the team’s testing strategy, then executing on it collaboratively.
This position is available in an in-office arrangement for candidates located in:
- Malaysia (in Kuala Lumpur)
- India (in Bangalore)
- Pakistan (in Lahore)
This position is available in a remote work arrangement for candidates located in other parts of the world.
What you will be doing:
- Develop test strategies for software products that your team ships.
- Lead and design the team’s approach to testing on all levels of the testing pyramid.
- Participate in shipping and maintaining web and backend services.
- Set up test environments, harnesses, and data.
- Some manual testing – with an eye to reducing the amount of manual testing where possible.
- Cooperate with engineers across our tech stack, product managers, and QA engineers throughout the development life cycle to derive testing requirements.
- Mentor other QA members in the area of test automation and tools.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- 4+ years of QA experience in test automation for products or systems
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs.
- Practical experience in software development.
- Passionate about using tools.
- Work productively without close supervision.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with engineers and other roles in the team.
- Fluency in English. At Wego, our team is global, and we have chosen English as our lingua franca to communicate effectively.
It will be great if you have:
- Experience working in teams as both a software engineer and a QA engineer.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Familiarity with technologies that we already use, like Java, Ruby and React.
- Familiarity with popular test automation tools and frameworks like Selenium, Applitools, Pact.
- Experience interacting with microservices.
Why you will love working here
- Working in a respectful culture and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working hours, 21 days annual leave and 14 days sick leave. We actively discourage people from working overtime.
- A brand new M1 Pro Macbook will be provided.
You must sign in to apply for this position.