Join Axon and be a Force for Good:
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other. Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Are you passionate about AI? Do you love engineering solutions enabling fast, cutting-edge science? As a ML-Ops Engineer at Axon, you will contribute to architecting and implementing the platform used by Axon to support responsible AI research at Axon. Collaborating closely with researchers, you will enable the geo-expansion of existing AI products, as well as contribute to creating new AI capabilities altogether. The ideal candidate will have a consistent track record of successfully leveraging Dev-Ops tools to deploy and maintain large scale, secure, cloud platforms for AI.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect, develop and manage the infrastructure to train and evaluate AI models at Axon, in a privacy preserving way.
- Promote automation and Infrastructure As Code across the board.
- Deliver solutions for real time platform health and cost monitoring.
- Enable AI as self-service by automating ML models testing and deployment.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience and a proven track record of successfully architecting and maintaining high availability cloud-based services, cloud-based data platforms, or cloud-based AI platforms.
- Experience with Dev-Ops tools, such as Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with at least 1 main stream cloud provider, such as Google Cloud, Amazon, or Azure.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to dive into system architecture, design, performance metrics, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations
- Comfort communicating and interacting with scientists, engineers and ML/product managers.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field.
- Hands-on experience developing and maintaining large scale AI platforms.
- Familiarity with compliance rules and framework.
Benefits That Benefit You
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions. Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
You must sign in to apply for this position.