Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food – METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users – METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Here the exciting news: we are opening our brand-new office in Ho-Chi-Minh-City, Vietnam!
Europe meets Vietnam – be part of this exciting journey and green-field project from scratch from day one!
Check out our homepage: https://metro.digital/
Purpose of your new department
Customer Data Quality provides a collection of products and toolsets that contribute to the vision of providing the perfect Customer Master Data Solution through a focus on improving, enriching and maintaining the quality of customer master data.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub
- Involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery and operation.
- Develop high quality code that follows best practices and clean code principles.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security and performance.
- Collaborate with other engineers or team members on various layers of the infrastructure, in order to design and launch new features.
- As an experienced engineer, interact with the client in order to understand and characterize their needs and advise them if necessary.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- At least 5+ years experience in Java
- Good understanding of HTTP protocol
- Experience with Spring Framework and SpringBoot
- Working experience with build automation tools like Maven
- Working experience with automated unit and integration testing (Junit, Mockito, Sinon, Jest, Mockery)
- Working experience with databases
- Working experience with version control (GIT and version control repositories as GitHub would be a plus)
- Familiar with microservices architecture style and concepts such as domain-driven design
- Familiar with Linux and virtualization, preferable Docker
- Familiar with continuous integration tools
- Have experience/knowledge of microservices and Docker container technology managed with Kubernetes
- Strong communication abilities: being comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Mindset/Ways of working: have a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Focused on lowering the meantime between having ideas and making stuff happen
- Agility: being familiar with Agile and Lean methodologies
Role Specific Skills:
Communication: You convey or share ideas, feelings and information effectively using the most appropriate methods, tools and channels for the respective audience.
Coding: You understand, write and read codes and apply best practices in coding and security.
Self-organization: You organize your own work effectively by setting goals and planning your activities.
Analytical Thinking: You align appropriate solutions to issues by evaluating gathered information by considering their urgency and importance.
Testing Process: You are able to conduct test estimations, metrics, business value of testing, test prioritisation, defect reporting and lifecycle
- Flexible working hour. Flexible working location.
- Choose your Macbook.
- 13th month salary. Performance bonus.
- 22 days annual leave. 10 days of sick leave/dependence care. 1 day birthday leave.
- Private health insurance for employee. Cover for up to 5 dependents.
- Budget for personal development. Additionally, access to internal learning platform (M.Power, House of Learning, etc.) and external ones (O’reilly, etc.). English training provided.
- Monthly allowances for meal, phone, transportation, etc.
- Monthly team event. Quarterly family activity. Annual company trip.
You must sign in to apply for this position.