Life at Grab:
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles – the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the team:
Automation and Platform Excellence – Platform Engineering (APEX) is a huge family of over 250 engineers and it provides platform support to the engineering teams across Grab and its respective JV’s. Come join the team that literally serves Grab – Grab’s Sentry team (Grab Service Orchestration Platform). We front hundreds of APIs, our gateway systems process billions of network messages for Grab’s consumers every day, and we are building Grab’s next generation service orchestration layer. We work closely with the infrastructure, security, and product teams, and are seeking experienced coaches and technical leaders to join our platform team!
Get to know the role:
- You specialize in building and maintaining leading-edge solutions built on world-class technology stacks that bring our unique on-demand services experience to South-East Asia every day — be it transport, payments, food, or “the awesome things to come”. Millions of people will be impacted by your contributions, which is demanding in terms of design and quality but also incredibly rewarding.
- You will build and own Grab’s gateway systems connecting mobile devices, web apps and backend services with Grab’s service mesh.
- You will work at Grab’s headquarters, closely integrated with product teams and DevOps to help build secure solutions with the right protocol, technology and patterns.
- You will be at home in a multi-cloud environment and build scalable, zero-downtime network traffic routing and analytics solutions for Grab’s “public edge”, serving billions of daily requests to Grab customers
The Day-to-Day Activities:
- Independently drive projects across teams end to end, from inception to rollout
- Find and troubleshoot issues in Grab’s entire infrastructure and codebase
- Routinely resolve production incidents
- Implement quality solutions using Terraform, Go, and Lua and maintain the high bar of standards for code reviews and rollout processes. You mentor peers and promote development and operational excellence best practices while achieving an excellent user experience
You are a habitual problem solver, and naturally assume ownership of your team’s systems and software components. You know how to be responsible for mission-critical systems and
- Have a very good understanding of networking and the internet (TCP/IP, HTTP/, DNS, etc.)
- Are an expert for at least one of AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Have hands-on experience with ARM, CDM, CFN, or Terraform
- Have hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Know how to build, maintain, and monitor highly-available distributed systems with strict SLAs
- Have significant industry experience in operating highly available, public-facing high TPS Systems
- Experience with Nginx, Envoy, Istio
- Experience with DDoS protection & mitigation
- Dealing with massive concurrency and designing resilient algorithms
- Hands-on experience with large scale Docker / Kubernetes deployments
- Experience with building monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience in a startup
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.
Grab is the leading superapp platform in Southeast Asia, providing everyday services that matter to consumers. Today, the Grab app has been downloaded onto millions of mobile devices, giving users access to over 9 million drivers, merchants, and agents. Grab offers a wide range of on-demand services in the region, including mobility, food, package and grocery delivery services, mobile payments, and financial services across 428 cities in eight countries.
Join us today to drive Southeast Asia forward, together.
You must sign in to apply for this position.