Get to know the team
The Business Process Automation team is a longstanding team responsible for coding automation solutions for all countries and verticals across Grab Operations. We make an impact by reducing manual work, increasing connectivity between systems and making bespoke scripts to drive value across the Org. Our team is made up of a diverse team of data analysts, full stack engineers, problem solvers and innovators. If you are looking for exciting challenges, organizational wide impact and to be part of a high-performing team then we’re the right place for you!
Get to know the role
We are looking for a new Senior Fullstack Developer for our Integration team. We believe a successful candidate has advanced problem solving, Node.js and Fullstack programming skills, but if you believe you have what it takes then we’d love to hear from you either way. This role is required as we expand the team and continue to take on new opportunities. You will get to innovate, automate and help solve pressing problems across the organization. This role embraces your hard and soft skills to create automation tools for manual processes. Your work will have a huge impact on business operations by improving the performance and SLA of processes.
The Day-to-Day Activities
You need to work closely with business users to learn the business process, after which you will design a solution to automate that process after standardizing and optimizing it from end to end. This will require following:
- Developing and assisting to develop automation solutions using Node.js, including but not limited to, scripts, microsites, websites.
- Escalating new needs to related product and design teams for possible integration of tools into main Grab back office tool suites.
- Meeting with business users to gather and document requirements.
- Propose design optimizations to ensure better solution design.
- Optimizing and maintaining automation scripts.
- Developing npm packages for internal use.
- Assist other team members to optimize and bugfix.
- Help junior team members debug and problem solve on their projects
- Other related duties as required by Team Lead.
- Strong understanding of software design, Agile, programming best practices.
- Proficiency with Git a plus
- Communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- English will be required to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
Work Experience Requirements
Key Attributes / Skill Sets
- Knowledge of Git, SSH and other programming tools.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and thorough.
- Keen and prudent judgment and decision making.
- Ability to implement and execute change accordingly.
- Ability to analyze data to assess trends and issues impacting performance.
- Knowledgeable with office computing tools Microsoft Office / Google Docs.
- Knowledge of Node.js, Google APIs, Vue.js, jQuery, Bootstrap a plus.
- Knowledge of MySQL and server-side programming is a plus.
- Strong English skills a big plus.