Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food – METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users – METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Here the exciting news: we are opening our brand-new office in Ho-Chi-Minh-City, Vietnam!
Europe meets Vietnam – be part of this exciting journey and green-field project from scratch from day one!
Check out our homepage: https://metro.digital/
Purpose of your new department
From point-of-sale systems and delivery software to ecommerce platforms and mobile assistants. As engineering hub we do offer a wide range of solutions to digitize our wholesale business! It’s also here where we share know-how, ideas and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub/
- Involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery and operation.
- Develop high quality code that follows best practices and clean code principles.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security and performance.
- Collaborate with other engineers or team members on various layers of the infrastructure, in order to design and launch new features.
- As an experienced engineer, interact with the client in order to understand and characterize their needs and advise them if necessary.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Working experience with automated unit and integration testing (Jest, Enzyme, React Testing Library, Pact Contract Testing, Selenium, TestNG)
- Working experience with a UI library
- Working experience with databases
- Working experience with version control (GIT and version control repositories as GitHub would be a plus)
- Familiar with Unix system (MacOS, Linux) and virtualization, preferable Docker
- Familiar with continuous integration tools
- Have experience/knowledge of Microservices and Docker container technology managed with Kubernetes
- Strong communication abilities: being comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Mindset/Ways of working: have a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Focused on lowering the meantime between having ideas and making stuff happen
- Agility: being familiar with Agile and Lean methodologies
Our general Benefits:
- Flexible working hour. Flexible working location.
- Choose your Macbook.
- 13th month salary. Performance bonus.
- 22 days annual leave. 10 days of sick leave/dependence care. 1 day birthday leave.
- Private health insurance for employee. Cover for upto 5 dependents.
- Budget for personal development. Additionally, access to internal learning platform (M.Power, House of Learning, etc.) and external ones (O’reilly, etc.). English training provided.
- Monthly allowances for meal, phone, transportation, etc.
- Monthly team event. Quarterly family activity. Annual company trip.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
You must sign in to apply for this position.