Website NFQ Asia
- As a Data Engineer, you will take on more data analysis related tasks than in a generalist role.
- Create and maintain reliable ETL pipeline architecture to transform, and aggregate in multiple steps large/complex data sets (possibly with dynamic data structure) that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other clouds’ ‘big data’ technologies (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing their products into an innovative industry leaders.
Your Skills and Experience:
- You have 3+ years of experience as a data engineer or software engineer for data-intensive applications.
- Familiarity with best data engineering practices – including handling and logging errors, monitoring the system, building human-fault-tolerant pipelines, understanding how to scale up, addressing continuous integration, knowledge of database administration, maintaining data cleaning and ensuring a deterministic pipeline
- Possess good communication, sharp analytical abilities with proven design skills, and able to think critically of the current system in terms of growth and stability
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze complex problems and create well-documented solutions.
Nice to have
- Having experience with Machine Learning and Data Modeling
- Having experience with AWS services such as Glue, EMR, Athena, Redshift, Kinesis or SageMaker
- Reporting tools like PowerBI, Holistics
- Proficiency in common big data toolsets like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Presto in a large-scale environment
- Real passion for data, new data technologies, and discovering new and interesting solutions to the company’s data needs
- Highly proficient with Linux Systems Administration
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Our 3 values:
- Growth: Having a growth mindset will allow our employees, our client, and NFQ to improve
- Trust: We strive to build trust with our employees and client, by: honoring our promises, treating others with respect, showing care, and making personal connections
- Transparency: Everyone is approachable for guidance, caring, and support for each other. And when decisions are made, we explain why and welcome feedback.
And for our Soul: Our values are a framework for our behavior and decision-making.
And we always keep the NFQ soul in mind. That we are decent human beings to everyone around us: Our developers, their families, and our community. And that we respect and embrace everyone’s uniqueness and quirks.
- Laptop is provided.
- A fun & dynamic environment and freedom to be creative.
- Rock in an open-mind, kind & humble band.
- Modern office with a flexible relaxing zone.
- Company trip, team building & other community Tech activities.
- 13th-month salary.
- Performance review 2 times/ year.
- Extra Medical Insurance.
- 15 days annual leaves, working Monday – Friday.
You must sign in to apply for this position.