Who are we and what do we do?
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are an automotive technology company that has reimagined how you inspect used vehicles around the globe. PAVE.ai is the first API platform from Discovery Loft Inc., built by a team that brings deep expertise from the automotive and technology industries.
We are the global standard in Automotive Vehicle Inspections and are advancing an experience that gives anyone with a smartphone the ability to do a guided vehicle inspection, anywhere, anytime, with the click of a link that uses our proprietary human-in-the-loop and machine learning to deliver real time results. Thirteen photos, five minutes or less, and you have a self-generated and comprehensive Condition Report.
Our Product & Engineering Team is looking for a Senior Back-end Developer (Data-driven) that will be responsible for designing, maintaining and securing database architecture, and troubleshooting database functionality issues with data from inside and outside our company for our PAVE Vehicle Inspection products & services.
Location: 143 Le Quang Dinh Street, Ward 14, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City (Onsite or hybrid)
What you will do:
- Work directly with CTO to architect and build databases with data from inside and outside our company.
- Analyze schemas and applications to determine the most appropriate migration strategies and architectures.
- Write maintainable, scalable, and performant database code and refactor existing code objects.
- Leverage the latest technologies and products to convert legacy database schemas and applications code between database engines.
- Identify and remediate technical obstacles to migrations.
- Organize and structurize the partitions, fragments, shardings, replications within Cloud platforms.
- Structure and process data within Cloud platforms to ensure the data is ready for AutoML.
- Operate test and development environments in the cloud, run and analyze test results, perform diagnostics and troubleshooting, open, prioritize, and help triage defects, and track and report test status and results.
- Design solutions and tools to execute automated database deployments, upgrades and migrations.
- Evaluate and drive changes to database and software architectures to address recurring issues or limitations.
- Research and identify new opportunities for innovation.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in Database or similar role required.
- Experience in multiple different databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and NoSQL.
- Experience in writing complex procedural language artifacts.
- Ability to write and tune SQL queries.
- Experience in some languages such as Go, Python, Java and C++.
- Proven knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience working with high availability, disaster recovery and performance tuning strategies including parameters, resources, contention.
- A deep understanding of data replication.
- Experience in Google Cloud or AWS platforms.
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
- Experience influencing product development and working with development teams.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally.
- Having experience/knowledge in Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Data Modeling, ETL workflow management.
What we have to offer:
- Flexible in time and work environment.
- 13th-month salary.
- Surprise gifts for special occasions.
- Free snacks, coffee, tea and instant food.
- A fun & dynamic environment and freedom to be creative.
- Modern office with a flexible relaxing zone.
- Company trip and team building.
You must sign in to apply for this position.