A Little Bit About GeoComply At GeoComply, our mission is to empower the future of digital trust. We operate at the center of a new generation of cybersecurity companies, leveraging today’s geolocation data to make better risk-based decisions. Working as a critical piece of the security infrastructure for some of the world’s largest tech companies like DraftKings, FanDuel, the BBC, and Akamai, we are the global market leader for compliance-grade geolocation data and a critical piece of the decision engine. We have big plans for the next few years, including a targeted US IPO and various M&A opportunities. At the heart of it all is people – we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees, customers, and partners.
Job Summary The Python Data Engineer contributes to Geocomply’s success by building the data pipelines to transform the raw data into business insights which assist our company as well as our customers in the decision making process. Our ideal candidate has at least two (2) years’ of working experience as a Data Engineer and relevant experience in database technologies such as MySQL and NoSQL. You have experience in setting up the data pipelines in your previous companies. You are able to, and enjoy, working across multiple teams across locations, have good communication and interpersonal skills. You have proven your ability to work under tight timelines in your previous work experience and are highly organized and detail-oriented.
What You Will Be Doing
- Understand the business, knowledge and insight
- Develop, transform large datasets and maintain robust data pipelines that can support various use cases with high performance
- Generate automated reports for customers with high-quality standards
- Develop and maintain interactive reporting tools
- Stay informed of database changes to ensure reports are always working as expected
- Coordinate with the Engineering team on release cycles and operational suggestions to monitor releases to foresee any issues that may arise with the data pipelines and reports
- Follow best practices and processes established by the team
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Python for data processing
- 2+ years of in-depth practical experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience in large scale deployment and performance tuning
- Development experience in Linux system environments
- Experience with ETL/ELT and integration flows in Airflow or similar
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of BI technologies, methodologies and their application
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and push the envelope for performance and reliability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results-orientated with the ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as well as good written and spoken English skills
Let us share why we think you’d love working with us.
We have a track record of success and a vision and a plan for a promising future. GeoComply has close to 100% market share for player location regulatory compliance in the US gaming space. And we have fuelled that momentum with the expansion into new markets – media & entertainment and fintech.
We are proud of our values and we live them in all of our actions, conversations, and work:There’s always a way; Together we can do more; Aim higher. Then higher; Act with integrity; For the greater good.
We are proud to be part of a global team that develops award-winning solutions for some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
We will support you on your learning journey. We invest in employee career growth and development. Our learning & development commitment includes leadership and technical development, a substantial budget for education and training, as well as dedicated work hours for self-study.
We care about our team. Our GeoComply team is talented, has a bias for action, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package.
We care about giving back to the communities in which we live and work. GeoComply supports a broad range of community initiatives through donations and employee volunteer activities.
We know that work can be fun. We take the time to create employee events and experiences where everyone can connect and celebrate.
Now What? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We Can’t Wait To Meet You.At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion. We know that diversity of experience and thought has led to connection, innovation, and our company’s success. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities.We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position
You must sign in to apply for this position.