Website Cobblestone Energy
PYTHON BACK-END DEVELOPER – Dubai, UAE
Salary of USD 65,000 – 70,000 per annum in a zero-tax environment (plus biannual performance-based bonuses)
Job Location: Dubai, UAE (We provide visa sponsorship & relocation assistance)
Cobblestone Energy is an energy trading company specialising in the Great Britain and European wholesale electricity markets. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading.
We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country, and growing every day. In doing so, we help to balance the electricity grid, lowering the cost to end consumers, and aiding the transition to a renewable future. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
At Cobblestone Energy, we are a diverse team of over 50 people from 20+ nationalities – we believe in hiring extraordinary talent from all around the world. Our flat organizational structure helps us in giving our team members complete ownership of the work and ensures ideas come from every level. We believe in providing unlimited growth opportunities to our people alongside constant feedback and support, which allows us to cover our vulnerabilities and grow as a team in new and interesting ways.
Over the years we have grown organically. In light of our further ambitions to be the best in all markets we enter, we would like to welcome a Python Back-end Developer into our Tech team. You should already be on a successful career path and looking to take the next step with increased responsibility and be a part of our growth story.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection.
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas.
- The team is more important than the individual
- Being the best in any market we enter.
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people.
- Others must benefit from our existence.
At Cobblestone Energy we are on a mission to build the most advanced European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our technology being used by our teams of commercial traders to create significant value. Being a member of our team, you will work on exciting challenges that come with large-scale data processing, automation, and analytics. We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We are looking for enthusiastic and resourceful engineers who are passionate about building highly reliable and performance data processing solutions. Developing a strong domain knowledge of our industry over time is key to long term success in this role.
This is a rare opportunity to take a leading role in the growth of a major player in the European Power Markets. We are looking for someone who would be committed to the long-term success of the business. We operate in the European Power markets, but our commercial trading operations are in Dubai, UAE.
If you have excellent programming skills, strong problem-solving skills and a passion for developing/improving applications utilizing cutting edge technologies, then we would like to meet you.
What We Offer In This Role
- A full-time position on our Tech team
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues
- Highly competitive compensation dependent on performance
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career
- An opportunity to work on new things from scratch and make independent decisions
- Investment in your development to ensure that you always remain the best in business
- Equity participation for strong contributors, ensuring our interests are all aligned long term
- Take complete ownership of assigned Tech projects, gathering and addressing technical and design requirements
- Implement new features requested by our business and trading team
- Refactor existing applications to optimize its performance through setting the appropriate architecture and integrating the best practices and standards
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle mainly focusing on coding, debugging and testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Uphold and live our cultural values
- BSc/BTech/BE degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering. Msc/Masters is a plus.
- Strong in-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment) and paradigms like MVC, MVT.
- Strong competencies in algorithms and software architecture.
- 3+ years of experience as a Python Back-end developer.
- 4+ years of work experience in Python programming language. Know-hows around JVM languages/GoLang is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in developing REST/GraphQL/gRPC APIs.
- Strong experience in Relational Databases (MySQL, SQL Server or PostgreSQL).
- Hands-On experience with Distributed Processing in batch/stream/NRT domains is appreciated (Spark, Kafka, Flink, HDFS/S3, Hadoop Ecosystem).
- Previous experience in automated testing including unit testing & UI testing.
- Strong knowledge in Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) utilizing Docker containers, Kubernetes.
- Excellent analytical, time management and teamwork skills.
- Experience in non-relational databases (Mongo DB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Strong, Hands-on experience using AWS cloud and its resources/services, and good know-hows on VPC, IAM
You must sign in to apply for this position.