Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food – METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users – METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Your new challenges:
- You will build and deploy robust inference APIs that improve the overall quality of our existing recommendations serving layer
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues to set up and perform online experimentation of our production models (A/B testing, traffic shifting, payload logging)
- Collaborate with software/DevOps engineers, data engineers, and applied ML scientists to support tooling for enhancing monitoring and analysis of existing as well as future recommender products
What you need to bring:
- You have 2 years of industry experience as a Software Engineer, Machine Learning Engineer or in an adjacent role
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to translate business requirements into impactful and maintainable engineering solutions
- You are confident in engineering topics such as testing/monitoring/tracing, CI/CD, microservices, and provisioning of cloud managed services
- You are excited about machine learning as well as working within a cross-functional team serving company-wide product recommendations
What makes you stand out:
- You have extensive knowledge on either Python or Golang
- You have experience in building, scaling and monitoring low latency inference REST/gRPC APIs
- You have experience with Kubernetes, Istio and/or Google Cloud managed services
- You have experience with running experiments (A/B testing, multi-armed bandit) in a production environment
- You are passionate about open source projects and do actively contribute
Our tech stack:
- Google Cloud (Vertex AI/AI Platform, GCS, …)
- FastAPI, Seldon, Tensorflow/Keras
- Kubernetes (GKE), Kubeflow, Istio
- Terragrunt/Terraform, FluxCD
- Argo (Workflows/Events)
- DBT, BigQuery, ElasticSearch
- Python, Golang, Docker
- Flexible working hour. Flexible working location.
- Choose your Macbook.
- 13th month salary. Performance bonus.
- 22 days annual leave. 10 days of sick leave/dependence care. 1 day birthday leave.
- Private health insurance for employee. Cover for up to 5 dependents.
- Budget for personal development. Additionally, access to internal learning platform (M.Power, House of Learning, etc.) and external ones (O’reilly, etc.). English training provided.
- Monthly allowances for meal, phone, transportation, etc.
- Monthly team event. Quarterly family activity. Annual company trip.
You must sign in to apply for this position.