Who We Are
Description & Requirements
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we’re in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About This Team
Quality is the heart of who we are. The Quality team is responsible for quality assurance with our cross-functional partners’ vendors in the field. Our objective is to ensure quality products are delivered on time to stores and guests, leading our vendors to optimise the manufacturing process, increase capacity, and reduce process variability efficiently.
You will be the lead in managing and maintaining the balance between driving for better costing and efficiencies in leading our vendor on operation break down, automation process, output efficiency and quality improvement in the operation process.
A Day In The Life
- Lead finished goods vendors (FGV) to identify quality efficiency improvements under the manufacturing excellence (ME) process and tools
- Analyse the ME database to dive into the quality efficiency gap between general sewing data (GSD) compared to production data for improvement
- Review operations break down and make use of the information to find out the opportunities for improvement with FGV
- Manage the ME KPI, set up the actionable target and work with vendors for process improvement on quality
- Work with cross-functional teams (i.e. QA, ME, PM, Costing, FGV etc. ) to collect and ME data required
- Monitor the target on selected styles, work our process map/manufacturing variability plan for improvement TA and process with FGV
- Visit the factory production lines to verify the ME process, data and operation breakdown to fine-tune the ME process with FGV for continuous improvement efficiency based on production reports in the field regularly
- Prepare monthly and quarterly report with the ME management team to evaluate quality efficiency progress
- Utilise the resources of endline evaluation report with cross-functional teams to assess the upcoming ME needs
- Your ideal background: Bachelor’s degree in Textiles, Garment Manufacturing Technology Engineering or related discipline, with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Solid experience in garment manufacturing engineering, quality assurance and working directly with factory floors
- Good understanding of sewing operations, mechanics, costing calculations and testing protocols from raw materials to finished goods testing point of view to draw quality assurance from the proto stage with finished goods vendors, including:
- costing knowledge: SMV and GSD standard operations and calculation and implementation with vendors;
- testing standards/protocols (for both raw materials and finished goods): e.g. AATCC and ASTM;
- fabric and raw material quality standards: e.g. knit & woven
- patterning system, marking and consumption calculation
- You are familiar with the 7 QC, TQM concept and Six Sigma tools is a plus
- You have a strong ability to work independently with x-functional team accountabilities, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- You can be open by example, with a passion for quality and a desire to elevate the world from mediocrity to greatness
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly in MS Excel (e.g. V Lookup and Pivot Table knowledge a plus)
- Good in English (with local languages or Mandarin preferred)
- Able to travel, and you love to have fun and sweat!
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
You must sign in to apply for this position.