You want to be an important member of a strong team of other makers who take pride in their work and support each other. As a Manual Tester, you will be responsible for all aspects of the Quality Assurance of Web or Windows Desktop applications through full life cycle (from Blueprinting through Implementation), and work directly with our stakeholders in both VN and US to provide support for Simpson Strong-Tie’s application development. That’s year one. If career growth is important to you, we not only know how to help you with that, it’s what we love to do: https://youtu.be/PUqzuWryYcU
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Support Testing of the web/desktop applications which developed by Simpson IT development team and be responsible for all aspects of testing and Quality Assurance thru the full project lifecycle (from Blueprinting through Implementation)
- Review/ analyze the software requirements and identify unclear or inconsistent items and Q&A to clarify. Collaborate with developers/business analysts to design tests.
- Build manual test cases/test scenario based on requirements/user stotiries and acceptance tests belong to test plan.
- Identify, analyze, report test results and monitor defects in the defect tracking system.
- Investigate defect reports from production support, isolate their causes, inform Development teams for fixing and retest to ensure adequate resolutions.
- Produce clear and concise testing documentation and follow the test process strictly.
- Contribute to Agile meetings (stand-up, planning, reviews, etc) to understand user stories and acceptance criteria, collaborate within Agile sprint teams to conduct component and system level testing.
- Work closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Perform Daily / Weekly / On-demand report to QA leader the progress and status of the assigned tasks.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or relevant majors
- Attain at least 1 year of experience as a QC/Tester with good experience in manual testing for webbased and desktop applications
- Hands-on experience in developing, documenting, and implementing quality assurance standards
- Being able to communicate well in English (both verbal and non-verbal)
- Ability to effectively manage time, and arrange and carry out multiple tasks of different priorities
- Strong analytical skills to understand complex processes with rigorous attention to detail
- Be capable of communicate actively and efficiently with stakeholders to elaborate requirements
- Be a team player and able to work effectively with a minimum of supervision as well
- Ability to write the requirements or developing test automation for web and desktop applications is an advantage
- Having experience in the web app E-commerce testing, or strong MS excel skill will be preferred
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Attractive salary with 100% salary during probation
- 13th-month salary, Performance bonus (1,5-2 months salary), Salary review annually
- Premium health care program for employee + one of your beloved ones, Annual medical check-up
- 15 vacation days per year
- Opportunity to be on-site in the USA
- Opportunity to collaborate and work directly with global stakeholders (US, EU, China, AUS..)
- Provide training to develop our employee‘s knowledge and skills (Internal training: Udemy, Pluralsight, and other online training course, TechTalk sharing within Software Development Division; External training: Management, English, Soft Skills, ….)
- Benefits for special holidays (Birthday, Marriage, Women’s Day, Tet Holidays, Mid-Autumn, New born babies, International Children ‘s Day…)
- Company trip and Year-End party every year
- Social, sports and several team building activities
- Young, friendly and international working environment
- Modern working conditions and entertainment facilities at office
- Snacks, tea and coffee all the time
- Compliance fully to Vietnam Labor code
BE A MAKER
At Simpson Strong-Tie, we’ve built a workplace where people are connected and engaged in creative thinking from day one throughout their careers.
When you think of the best a family has to offer — support, collaboration and respect — that’s what we value at Simpson Strong-Tie. When there’s a win, we’ll cheer you on. When there’s a snag, coworkers step in to help you out. Working on solutions together is just the way we do things here, and that creates an atmosphere that often feels like home.
At Simpson Strong-Tie, you’ll find talented, passionate, dedicated, humble and genuinely kind people who are all connected by our shared mission — to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures.
- It’s this mission and our strong people-focused values that have made Simpson Strong-Tie a unique place to work for more than 60 years — a place where you can connect, create and build your career. We invite you to learn more about our culture and why our employees are our most loyal customers.de
You must sign in to apply for this position.