DescriptionThe RoleYou will use your RTL design skills to implement complex SoCs for advanced ARMv8-based server systems and state-of-the-art communication components. You will collaborate closely with SoC architecture, DV (Design Verification), SE (Silicon Engineering) in active projects and sustaining engineering activities. Using your Verilog and System Verilog coding and problem-solving skills, you will design internally developed IPs as well as integrating 3rd party IPs. You will be responsible for the full life cycle of design, from specification creation and RTL coding to synthesis and timing closure.
What The Team Wants You To Know You should be a motivated person and a team player who is ready to work in a startup like culture. Our mantra is “Ampere First!” and as part of the team you should be thinking about how I can contribute to make a better Server product.
What You Will Do
- Create detailed design specifications based on architecture and micro-architecture specifications.
- Design RTL and coding for high-speed design
- Develop RTL Linting and CDC scripts, evaluation of results, and corrective actions.
- Support silicon bring-up and silicon validation.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 5+ years of SoC digital design experience
- Knowledge of SOC architecture, microarchitecture, logic and RTL design concepts
- Experience with SoC AMBA bus architectures such as CHI, AXI, AHB, APB and advanced connectivity implementations such as Network-on-Chip (NoC)
- Knowledge or experience with JEDEC DDR protocols (specifically, DDR4/5/UDIMM/RDIMM), DFI Specification and Error correction codes like SECDED and Symbol ECC, is a plus
- Knowledge or experience with HW coherence protocols, Fabric traffic management, including flow control, out-of-order queueing, arbitration and QoS, is a plus
- Strong in System Verilog RTL design, design for bandwidth and latency optimization
- Strong in scripting languages (PERL, Python, shell, etc.)
- RTL & gate simulation experience and good debugging skills
- Experience with Lint and CDC tools and flows
- Experience with synthesis and STA flows
- Good English communications skills and ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and work collaboratively in a team to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- BS/MS in Electronic Engineering/Computer Engineering or equivalent
Company Introduction Ampere® is designing the future of hyperscale cloud and edge computing with the world’s first cloud native processor. Built for the cloud with a modern 64-bit Arm server-based architecture, Ampere® gives customers the freedom to accelerate the delivery of all cloud computing applications. With industry-leading cloud performance, power efficiency and scalability, Ampere® processors are tailored for the continued growth of cloud and edge computing.
Like the scientist behind its name, Ampere® employees are innovators. We understand the needs of cloud computing and different software requirements. We are inventing what comes next and looking at everything from the structure of memory and how efficient the system is, to considerations on speed, cost of electricity and ability to cool. Power, size, weight and cost are driving the technology requirements and the innovation to come. Our world class team of engineers, with depth and expertise in the cloud and semiconductor industries, is not only focused on the development of new semiconductor designs but also building out the first software ecosystem for Arm®-based server processors. Through the Ampere® approach to the cloud and edge, we give our customers the freedom to challenge the status quo and accelerate next-generation data centers for the most memory-intensive applications. Given the challenge we have outlined, we are building a culture of entrepreneurs that ensure customers come first, proactively approaching industry challenges in the areas of security, power, and performance, delivering results that matter most. We are an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
You must sign in to apply for this position.