Website GATA GLOBAL
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Local Business Area Manager, Motion Vietnam, you will be responsible for Local Business Leader responsible for profitable business growth. Overseeing business operations including Commercial (Sales & Marketing), Operations and Portfolio (Products) and in many cases oversight of Research & Development activities. Focusing and scoping of accountabilities might vary by Business Area.
Reporting to Lead Business Area Manager, MO Asia, implementing the Business Area and Divisions strategy and ensuring business development and profitable growth in local markets. Providing input to Business Area and Divisions strategy.
- Ensuring development of performance targets in line with global targets and ensuring achievement through oversight and definition of improvement actions as needed.
- Ensuring profitable business growth in the Country by maximizing geographic coverage and channel penetration, as well as focusing on industry segments in the domestic market.
- Optimizing business on a regional scale, taking advantage of the Group’s local and global resources.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction. Driving Marketing and Sales, implementing new functional processes and tools, to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- Running the business end-to-end, i.e., front-end to back-end operations, including Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Research and Development (R&D), Engineering, Project Management, Manufacturing, Sourcing and Service.
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, policies, and processes related to operations/project execution. Sharing functional best practices and lessons learned across the organization.
- Implementing HSE and business compliance standards and regulations in the Country on behalf of the Business Area. Personally lives the ABB values and Group standards.
- Ensuring (with HRBP support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- University in Electrical or Automation engineering.
- At least 10 years’ experience in automation products of which 5 years in managerial position.
- Experience working in multicultural team and environment.
- Strong sales and marketing capabilities, good commercial knowledge
- Strong understanding of local market.
- Strong leadership skills and exposure to general management area with P&L responsibility.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Result oriented.
- Strategic thinker.
More about us
ABB Motion Products (Drives, Motors & Generators) is a technology leader serving industries, infrastructure and machine builders with world-class drives and soft starters. With our products, global scale, and local presence, we help our customers to improve energy efficiency, productivity, and safety. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.
You must sign in to apply for this position.