Website RMIT University
LECTURER, INNOVATION AND ENTERPRISE
RMIT UNIVERSITY VIETNAM
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. One of Australia’s original educational institutions founded in 1887, RMIT University now has 82,000 students including 12,000 at postgraduate level.
RMIT features among the world’s top 200 institutions in 13 of the 30 subject areas in the 2015 QS subject rankings. We are among the world’s top 100 universities in Art and Design; Architecture and the Built Environment; Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Computer Science; and Business and Management Studies. The University’s research was ranked among the best in the world in the 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia evaluation. RMIT was rated “well above world standard” in 13 fields and “above world standard” in a further nine fields.
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University with 700 staff and 7,000 students, in three locations, and recently awarded one of the Best Companies to work for in Asia 2020. From a media perspective, RMIT Vietnam enjoys a 40% share of voice in the sector. It brings a world-class education and globalised study environment to the heart of Asia, offering programs in business, technology, communication, design, fashion and English language. It boasts an impressive range of extra-curricular activities that encourage students to innovate and network globally.
The School of Business and Management is looking to recruit a dynamic and driven academic as a Lecturer in Innovation and Enterprise with a strong focus on innovation leadership in the digital economy. The appointed individual will join a new team in the Economics and Finance department developing and delivering the Innovation and Enterprise major on the University’s new Bachelor in Business (BBus) programme of study. The content covered in this major is as followed:
- emergent technologies such as blockchain and big data
- legal and regulatory issues in the digital economy
- contemporary internal and external enterprise issues including sustainability and the global digital workplace, and
- organisational structures and enterprise decision-making
Academics with an established knowledge-based across one or more of these areas are strongly encouraged to apply. Academics with a background in legal, governance, and regulation, and innovation leadership and management looking to develop their expertise along a digital economy trajectory will also be given significant consideration.
As a lecturer within the Innovation and Enterprise major, you will be expected to contribute to the teaching and research ambitions of the department and University, across disciplines related to your field of expertise. You will be responsible for conducting teaching activities that traverse graduate diploma, undergraduate, and postgraduate programs of study, whilst advancing your scholarly, research and professional capabilities. You will actively promote both the program and major by establishing and maintaining memberships, links, and partnerships with academic, industry, and professional communities.
If you are an experienced academic with contemporary teaching and research, you are more than welcome to join our vibrant and culturally diverse School of Business and Management at RMIT Vietnam, to support us in making a significant impact on the future of learning and teaching in Vietnam.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- PhD or equivalent Doctoral qualification in any of the following areas: Management, Business Innovation, Law, Economics. Candidates with a background in innovation leadership and management, governance and regulation, development and change management will be given significant consideration
- An interest in economic digitisation and recent developments in Web 3.0/Industry 4.0 technologies in enterprise will be an advantage
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of your related subject areas.
- Previous teaching experience in your related subject areas within Higher Education
- Emerging track record for quality research outputs within your field of study with a vision to progress the developmental trajectory of your research along the path of the digital economy (see below for expected research profile)
- Demonstrated desire to develop new research initiatives, seek research funding, and build links between the academy and industry
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research (PhD) candidates
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery and, the ability to produce high-quality curriculum or program materials.
- Robust performance relating to student outcomes, student experience and feedback
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration within, and across campuses
- Ability to build successful and enduring networks with colleagues, industry, and the public sector
- Culturally adept and agile
EXPECTED RESEARCH PROFILE
To Be Considered For a Position At RMIT Vietnam In Our School Of Business And Management, You Will Need To Be Able To Meet The Following Research Criteria
- For candidates with a PhD awarded more than 5 years ago: you will be expected to demonstrate a minimum of 4 peer-reviewed journal articles, of which 2 must be ranked as Scimago Q1 or ABDC A*/A and the remaining as Q2/B.
- For candidates with a PhD awarded between the last 3-5 years: you will be expected to demonstrate a minimum of 2-peer reviewed journal articles, of which 1 must be ranked as Q1/A and one at Q2/B.
- For candidates with a PhD awarded within the last 3 years although there is no requirement of peer-reviewed journal articles for publication, you will be expected to have a strong research focus and plan for research before joining RMIT Vietnam.
- RMIT Vietnam is committed to the health, safety, and wellbeing of its staff members. RMIT Vietnam and its staff members must comply with a range of Vietnamese legal and regulatory requirements, including foreign investments and businesses, import and export, contracts and commerce, banking, finance, foreign exchange, labour, taxation, land and premises, environment, and immigration. RMIT Vietnam expects all staff members to comply with its Code of Conduct, policies and procedures, which relate to legal and regulatory requirements and our ways of working.
- Appointed staff are accountable for completing training on these matters, and ensuring that their knowledge is up to date
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirements are IELTS (Academic) with a score of at least 7.0 (or equivalent)
- For higher education roles, English language proficiency can also be demonstrated through evidence of successful completion of a PhD (instructed through the medium of English), and/or proof of teaching in an English-speaking environment over the previous 24 months
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on a proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance and flights for dependents. School tuition support of up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private health insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check-up; Work Permit for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and 10 days paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from an experienced Mobility Advisor to assist you in your work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
- All foreign appointments must adhere to the requirements for obtaining a valid Vietnamese visa and work permit. These requirements are mandated by the Vietnamese State Government and may be in excess of the mandatory requirements and key selection criteria. Work permit requirements are subject to change
- RMIT Vietnam adopts a zero-tolerance policy for non-adherence to the immigration laws of Vietnam
You must sign in to apply for this position.