Website RMIT University
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
Our Human Resources department consists of a team of strategic HR professionals providing client focused, proactive and effective solutions and services for all RMIT Vietnam staff.
Our success is achieved by understanding our business and operating as a business partner to our clients. We deliver responsive, innovative and practical solutions and services. The HR team operates in a manner that supports the RMIT values and achievement of the business objectives. By providing tailored, quality human resources services and products and ensuring a high level of expert support and advice, the HR team enhances the ability of our stakeholders to meet their business objectives. This, in turn, enables University staff to better support the current and future student population at the University. The team shares insights with peers and management and our positive team culture relies on open communication, encouragement, recognition and continuous improvement, to work together and get things done.
As an HRIS Specialist, this role will be responsible for processing people data, delivering reporting, analytics and insights related to our RMIT Vietnam people, engagement, and leadership. Specifically, you will be working closely with your manager, HR System and Planning and with members of the Talent Acquisition and Contract teams to support our HR Business Partners and other stakeholders to drive RMIT Vietnam’s continuing success.
The range of duties include but are not limited to the following key delivery areas:
- Data and process handling
- People reporting and analytics
- People systems user guides management
- Cross campus support
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other. Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
Data and process handling
- Collaboratively work with the Talent Acquisition team and manage a series of stages used to hire RMIT Vietnam employment candidates (including contingent workers)
- Collaboratively work with the Contract team to handle various process on Workday from hiring to renewing or terminating a staff member
- Deeply understand and be able to document various HR processes on Workday (out of quick reference guides), to ensure various events during a staff member’s contract cycle are handled properly on Workday
- Assist all users in tackling issues arisen in relation to WD processes and propose enhancement for better efficiency
- Handle confidential HR data and perform data audits to ensure employee data accuracy and quality
People reporting and analytics
- Produce timely People analytics dashboards and compelling data visualizations
- Deliver accurate reports for various People reporting purposes to HR team, other departments within RMIT and governmental bodies as required
- Be a key liaison with other departments at RMIT in terms of People data enquiries
People systems user guides maintenance
- Partner with Change Manager in People Services team to update People system user guides
- Work with the Manager, HR System and Planning to conduct ongoing training for HR team members and other internal stakeholders to ensure new system developments are communicated
Cross campus support
- Coordinate with other teams within Vietnam Operations to manage data requirements for staff card issuance and communicate to relevant teams about new staff, staff variation and leaving staff
- Track and monitor communication templates and workflow settings
- Partner with our Security colleagues to raise a request for updating Workday user access permissions and authority levels
- Provide assistance and support in other duties within the scope of this position description as assigned by the line manager.
- Relevant tertiary (degree) qualification in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Data Science, Information Systems or related fields. Advanced degree preferred
- Strong experience and knowledge in cleaning, analysing, and visualising both structured and unstructured data
- At least 3 years of working experience in analytical fields. Prior experience of working with ERP systems is essential
- Strong business intuition, data analysis skills, as well as business presentation skills to share findings
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to follow through, strong analytical, problem-solving skills and sound judgement.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Superior skills in Microsoft office or other relevant HR/IT data software.
- Experience and working knowledge of Workday is desirable.
- Competitive gross salary starting from 22,280,000 VND (plus allowances) depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- 13th month bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and paid sick leave.
- Free use of onsite gym
- Library on campus and online – access to RMIT Australia online library
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS (General) with a score of at least 6.0 (or equivalent, as outlined in the Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding Guidelines).
You must sign in to apply for this position.