Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles – the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the Team: We have multiple teams under the Data Tech space dealing across:
- Products, Insights and Experiences
- Real-time streaming data
- Financial Data
Get to know the Role
- In this role, you will spend 50% on front-end development and 50% on backend development of an internal marketing system.
The Day-to-Day Activities
- Design and implement RESTful APIs (Golang, Java)
- Write high-quality code (Golang) that communicates with upstream backend services via HTTP APIs, gRPC, graphql
- Build and deploy performant modern web applications in React, Redux, Webpack, ES6, Flow and Typescript
- Write unit, functional and end-to-end tests
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Identify and resolve UI/UX issues
- Strong CS fundamentals (with competencies in algorithms and data structures)
- Proficient understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, web protocols, and web performance optimization techniques
- Good understanding of web frameworks (willing to receive applications with diversified programming languages)
- Experience with Go/Ruby
- Experience with React, Redux/Typescript
- Experience with at least one CSS preprocessor: Sass, Less, PostCSS, Stylus, etc
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.
Grab is the leading superapp platform in Southeast Asia, providing everyday services that matter to consumers. Today, the Grab app has been downloaded onto millions of mobile devices, giving users access to over 9 million drivers, merchants, and agents. Grab offers a wide range of on-demand services in the region, including mobility, food, package and grocery delivery services, mobile payments, and financial services across 428 cities in eight countries.
Join us today to drive Southeast Asia forward, together.
You must sign in to apply for this position.