WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform. Technologists at WorldQuant research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually driven. Our teams are lean and agile, which means rapid prototyping of products with immediate user feedback. We seek people who think in code, aspire to tackle undiscovered computer science challenges and are motivated by being around like-minded people. In fact, of the 600 employees globally, approximately 500 of them code every day. WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry. Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
- Develop/Maintain internal web applications on cloud and on premise
- Assume responsibility of products.
- Addressing the business requirements
- Responsibility that the code produced by the team is well designed, testable and using state of the art software development practices
- Product robustness and stability of the products
- Create and maintain proper documentation and ensure proper support.
- Create/Present design specification
What You’ll Bring
- Expertise in Python web frameworks such as FastAPI, Django, Flask and others
- Demonstrated experience in developing scalable and robust software web applications
- Working experience with SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in leading small teams
- Experience in managing a product, including interaction with users, reducing business requirements to technical requirements and strategic planning of the deliverables.
- A solid background in Unix/Linux environment
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Experience with CI/CD and version control systems (advantage)
- Experience with GCP (advantage)
- Experience with micro-services, caching tools, data visualization, log collection and aggregation, search, queuing systems (advantage)
- Experience with Docker and containerization (advantage)
- Experience with Kubernetes or distributed systems (advantage)
- Finance experience is not required
What We Offer
- Competitive and attractive compensation package with clear career road-map – where you feel challenged everyday
- We offer a strong culture of learning and development: training courses, library, speakers, share and learn events
- Learn from who sits next to you! Working in WQ you are surrounded by smart and talented people
- Employee resources groups with strong diversity and inclusion culture
- Premium Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
- Generous time-off policy, unlimited sick days, re-creation sabbatical leave (based on tenure), Trade Union benefits for staff and family
- Team building activities every month: Local engagement events, monthly team lunch – Employee clubs: football, ping-pong, badminton, yoga, running, PS5, movies, etc.
- Annual company trip and occasional global conferences – opportunity to travel and connect with our global teams
- Happy-hour with tea break, snacks and meals every day in the office!
The position is based in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
You must sign in to apply for this position.