Website Fulbright University Vietnam
Position Title: Full-stack Development Expert
Department: The Fulbright School of Public Policy and Management (FSPPM)
Employment Type: Full-time
Help us reimagine the University.
We are Fulbright University Vietnam (“Fulbright”), Vietnam’s first independent, not-for-profit, liberal arts university. We are an expanding international team of educational innovators, with deep roots in Vietnam, strong political and financial backing, and connections to educational institutions around the world. Importantly, Fulbright is committed to serving Vietnamese society through rigorous research and responsible civic engagement.
We seek outstanding faculty and professional staff to join our growing team. Fulbright’s team thrives on a passion for educating the next generation of Vietnamese leaders equipped with the skills to tackle global challenges. We are creative, adaptive, determined with a good sense of humor.
If you want to see Vietnam’s youth meet their greatest potential, join us! Our Crescent Campus is located in Crescent Plaza, Phu My Hung, in Ho Chi Minh City’s District 7. We will call this home while we develop our flagship campus in District 9, which will open in the coming years.
About the FSPPM
The Fulbright School of Public Policy and Management (FSPPM) is the first academic unit of the Fulbright University Vietnam. FSPPM’s mission is to advance transformative, innovative and inclusive public policy and management in Vietnam and the region – through its commitment toward excellence in teaching, research and civic engagement. In July 2019, FSPPM becomes the first Southeast Asian institution to be accredited by NASPAA (Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administrations).
The Fulbright School of Public Policy and Management is looking for one full-time Full-stack Development Expert to conceptualize and implement a smart agricultural platform for the five-year Natural Capital Management Project (NCM). The Project is designed to identify the most severe challenges facing the region, analyze, develop adaptive solutions, and recommend policy responses based on robust scientific evidence. The target audience is policy makers, scientists, businesses, citizens and other concerned stakeholders.
Reports operationally to: NCM Project Leader, FSPPM
Roles and Responsibilities
Effective delivery of product/platform needs through developing high-quality software and technical solutions.
- Fluency across the full stack and ability to collaborate with non-technical colleagues to integrate business requirements into the software development
- Leverages a strong understanding of business to develop high-quality code to meet product/platform requirements
- Drives and leads adoption of architecture standards and development practices like Test-Driven development, code reviews, static code analysis etc.
- Writes effective technical user stories and ensures that non-functional requirements are met to ensure performance, scaling, resilience and maintainability of software/solutions
- Actively resolves defects and manages technical problems
- Develops unit tests to ensure good coverage and regression testing ability
- Assists in the development of automated tests and environment management scripts
- Practices DevOps methods like CI/CD, SDLC automation and proactive monitoring/ telemetry
- Participates in sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives to enable progress, and surface and resolve impediments
- Evaluates emerging technologies continuously to identify opportunities, trends and best practices to strengthen development practices
- Plays a supervisory role toward junior technical resources as they commit to and deliver work.
- Contributing to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed
- Other tasks and responsibilities assigned to the Employee by the Company which may be adjusted from time to time.
What we look for
Bachelor’s degree in computer science and at least 3 years of experience in developing high-performance and highly scalable applications in an agile environment, preferably for smart agriculture.
· Employment/Professional Experience:
o Strong experience building and deploying applications on a cloud platform such as AWS, GCP and Azure
o Fluency in DevOps, including continuous integration, continuous deployment/delivery, configuration and containerization, infrastructure as a code, and monitoring.
o Flexible mindset (not married to a single language) and demonstrated ability to grow skillset and work effectively across the full technology stack
o Excellent communication skills and collaboration skills to effectively manage key business stakeholder relationships
o Demonstrated interest in interdisciplinary research and collaboration across multiple fields
o An excellent command of English. Fluency in the Vietnamese language is a plus.
What we offer
· Opportunity to join a passionate team who shares the belief in the transformative power of education and values the unique opportunity to create a new university.
· Opportunity to participate in public talks, workshops, seminars, as well as other enriching activities at Fulbright.
· A full network of supportive colleagues.
· A dynamic, innovative, and professional work environment.
· Intensive English-speaking environment.
· Competitive salary and high-end insurance schemes for employees and direct family members.
· Professional development opportunities.
· Generous annual leave/paid time off.
· Flexible work arrangement options.
You must sign in to apply for this position.