Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know Our Team:
Fintech is one of the fastest growing areas in Agoda and we are rapidilly expanding our tech team. We work closely with the finance business team and our Fintech product owners to reduce risk, drive efficiencies and move on new market opportunities in this exciting field. We have a wide range of projects from traditional finance or cutting-edge customer fintech. For example, reconciliation using Big Data technologies, growing and optimising customer payments options, tax calculations in milli-second response times and a mesh of supplier payment options like vertical credit cards. Its a hot field and the perfect mix of data engineering and backend engineering.
We are looking for engineers with experience in the fintech area. This can be a year or two at a fintech startup right through to an expert in this domain. You might have a background as ‘ back end ’ or ‘data’ engineer , either way we are looking for smart engineers who can be super agile, move fast and have an eye for detail. We’d love to hear from you if you are skilled in any of the technologies we work with and excited at building new fintech techonology.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- Think and own the full life cycle of our products, not just a single piece of code – from business requirements, technology selection , coding standards, agile development, unit and application testing , to CI/CD and proper monitoring
- Design, develop and maintain platforms and data pipelines across fintech
- Improve scalability, stability, and efficiency of our existing systems
- Write great code and help others write great code – mentor people in your team and wider
- Collaborate with other teams and departments
- Help us hire extraordinary talent such as yourself!
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Experience under your belt developing mission-critical applications that run in a production environment using Scala , Java or C#
- Data platforms like Hadoop and SQL. Understand that different applications have different data requirements.
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structure s
- Strong c oding ability
- You are passionate about the craft of software development and constantly work to improve your knowledge and skills
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
It’s Great If You Have
- Experience working in a modern FinTech or Payments organization.
- Domain knowledge in any of these areas: financial reconciliation, financial reporting, tax, payout methods like vertical credit cards or customer payments.
- Hands -on experience working with technologies like Spark for data processing, ETLs for data pipelines and q ueueing system s (Kafka, RabbitMQ ).
- Experience building and running transactional/financial systems
- Core engineering infrastructure tools like Git Lab for source control and Continuous Integration , Kubernetes, and Puppet for deployment
- Experience in large-scale distributed designs
- Experience in leading projects, initiatives and/or teams, with full ownership of the systems involved
Equal Opportunity Employer:
You must sign in to apply for this position.