Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food – METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users – METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
Our Big Data solution breaks down data silos by bringing together information from all Metro Group systems into a single location: the Data Lake. It opens up data to innovative use cases via the power of modern data analytics tools available to every employee. Multiple highly scalable services work together to make this happen: from streaming data ingestion and real-time analytics to data preparation and data governance.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
Your new challenges:
- You will be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle of our solutions;
- You should be able to make predictions and take risks in the scope of goals accomplishment, even without all the necessary clarity;
- You should be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility, keen on adding customer value into a modern system meant to be used worldwide by Metro suppliers.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Must possess at least 3 years of Business Intelligence, analytics, statistics and/or reporting experience;
- Strong technical background and be current on modern BI and reporting technologies;
- Advanced knowledge of SQL; Python knowledge is a plus;
- Data analysis and integration;
- Good understanding of cloud technology (preferably Google Cloud Platform with BigQuery);
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable working with large data sets;
- Ability to transform data into actionable insights;
- Proved experience working in cross-functional project teams to identify business requirements.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
You must sign in to apply for this position.