WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform. WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry. Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
About WorldQuant BRAIN BRAIN is a group within WorldQuant similar to a traditional B2C fintech setup. Our mission is to simplify quant finance and provide global opportunities for individuals to participate remotely in this initiative, while potentially learning ground breaking quant finance, AI and ML concepts. WorldQuant BRAIN provides a crowdsourcing platform for external participants to contribute alphas and various other models or algorithms to the firm’s business. BRAIN is comprised of an entire ecosystem within the firm that includes resources from various technology, data, business and operations groups throughout the firm globally. Today, BRAIN is still fairly young – though it’s a full featured business with forward looking plans that run into years.
- Develop backend application services and APIs.
- Integrate with AWS and external cloud services.
- Develop complex single page applications.
- Optimize application for speed and scalability.
- Build reusable components for usage across interfaces.
- Develop responsive layouts for desktop and mobile devices.
- Automate UI testing processes.
- Be an active member of an agile engineering team who is continuously looking to improve team performance.
- Work with leading cloud technologies (such as AWS, GCP).
- Work with leading open-source technologies (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, ELK stack, Sentry, Redis, Git, etc.).
- Participate in periodic on-call duties.
What You’ll Bring
- Passion about software engineering, be strongly driven to build and run real-world applications at scale.
- Eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies. Be curious about what’s happening in the tech world.
- Excellent coding skills, solid understanding of the broad Python ecosystem including Numpy, Pandas and Asyncio.
- Expertise in Python web frameworks such as Django, DRF, Flask and others.
- Experience with client side frameworks and libraries that interact with server side APIs such as React, Angular, Vue.js, Svelte, TypeScript, etc.
- Ability to design detailed user interface features based on high-level requirements.
- Demonstrated experience developing scalable and robust software.
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with microservices, caching tools, data visualization, log collection and aggregation, search, queuing systems.
- Experience with Linux environment and shell scripting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent job experience.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
Why You Will Like Working For WorldQuant Brain
- You will work with some of the smartest and most exciting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization looking to solve quant finance problems at scale
- As part of this team, you will not only work on your primary skill and role, but will contribute to the evolution of how this developing business is defined in the coming years
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer
- Want an inside look into life at WQ? Click here to hear from our employees
You must sign in to apply for this position.