Website Hitachi Vantara
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers’ experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers’ data to meaningful customer outcomes.
Your Skills and Experience
- At least 3 total years of professional software development experience in .NET (C# preferred)
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, domain-driven design, and test-driven design patterns
- Ability to understand complex code
- Understanding of microservices and event-based architectures
- Experience with SQL databases – PostgreSQL, NoSQL (e.g., DynamoDB), and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in software and API design – particularly GraphQL and RestFul
- Experience with Azure, Amazon Web Services, or other cloud vendors, understanding of serverless frameworks
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Understanding of the Infrastructure-as-code approach
- Good communication in English & teamwork skills; able to interact with both technical and non-technical management and team members
- Knowledge of Docker and AWS Sagemaker will be an added advantage
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what’s now to what’s next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we’d love to hear from you.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don’t meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa – Harmony, Trust, Respect