About Agoda Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team: In Agoda’s Back End Engineering department, we build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic. Our systems cover all major areas of our business: inventory and pricing, product information, customer data, communications, partner data, booking systems, payments, and more. These mission-critical systems change frequently with dozens of releases per day, so we must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime. We also ensure that our systems are self-healing, responding gracefully to extreme loads or unexpected input. In order to accomplish this, we use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and Go, data technologies like Kafka and Aerospike, and agile development practices. Most importantly though, we hire great people from all around the world and empower them to be successful. Whether it’s building new projects like Flights and Packages or reimagining our existing business, you’ll make a big impact as part of the Back End Engineering team.
The Opportunity: Agoda Platform team is looking for developers to work on mission critical systems that deals with the designing and development of a system that serves millions of users a day.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years’ experience under your belt developing performance-critical applications that run in a production environment using Scala and Java
- A minimum of one year of experience with Scala
- You have RDBMS knowledge (SQL Server, Oracle, MySql or other)
- You have a Good command of the English language
- You are passionate about the craft of software development and constantly work to improve your knowledge and skills
It’s Great if you have:
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: NoSQL (especially, but not only Cassandra), Queueing system experience (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ), Play framework, Akka library
You must sign in to apply for this position.