Website Knose Pet Care
Knose Pet Insurance
Our purpose is to make Australian pets the healthiest and happiest in the world. Our mission is to ensure pets get the best care, and that they’re protected if something goes wrong. We do this by making caring for your pet easy, accessible, and affordable with customized pet care plans and comprehensive protection for when things go wrong.
Job Description – Back-end developer and tech lead
We are looking for an experienced Backend Developer responsible for building out our tech stack and making our platform more scalable and reliable. We are currently running our services on EC2 machines using Auto Scaling Groups. We operate microservices and are looking to containerize more applications using services such as ECS, Lambda etc.
In addition to AWS native technologies, we also plan to develop an app, integrates with a digital wallet provider and our other APIs. Various other integrations are planned.
– Understand the current application infrastructure.
Perform product analysis and development tasks of an increasingly complex nature which may require extensive research and analysis
– Along with the CTO, design solutions to business problems articulated in the product roadmap.
– Develop applications to design.
– Build new and/or integrate into existing APIs
– Oversee junior engineers.
– Create documentation using best practice, automated documentation applications
– Experience in Node.js with the core AWS services, plus the specifics mentioned in this job description.
– Having used ECS and Lamdas in the past is a plus
– Proficiency in at least one language from our stack:
– Strong notions of security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, KMS, etc.).
– Experience in building and integrating to REST APIs
– Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems.
– Experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications.
– Past experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda is a plus. For example, the Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM).
– Intermediate to advance DevOps knowledge –AWS
– GitHub/Gitlab knowledge, repository management, issue/ticket management.
– Good time management skills
– Great interpersonal and communication skills
– Experience with AngularJS, React and SQL.
– WordPress experience a plus but not required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.