Website Hitachi Vantara
Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services, and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
The Automation Test Engineer will work along with team members and customer, report directly to the project manager. You need to ensure project quality and services work in a fully integrated manner as expected by the customer, follow software development process and contribute ideas to improve the project quality.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop/ maintain and execute automated and manual test cases following department standards; exploring ways to improve software delivery processes.
- Designing and executing QA tests (automation and manual) for desktop, native, and web applications; automating work processes and testing to improve cycle times.
- Determining new requirements and deriving test plans from them; identifying bugs and quality issues in development, service, and/or business processes
- Assisting in the deployment of the company’s client software onto both mobile and desktop platforms
- Apply defined software testing practices and procedures to drive quality and testability of products and services.
What you bring to the team
- Equivalent degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant major.
- Good at English, ability to read and understand the English document, ability to communicate fluently.
- Having knowledge of software development life cycle; ability to write SQL queries in relational databases.
- Experience performing both automated and manual testing; experience in any automation test framework is a plus.
- Background working with Git, GitLab, GitHub, Jenkins, or similar tools; experience in AWS, Azure, google Cloud is a plus.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what’s now to what’s next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we’d love to hear from you.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don’t meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa – Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto – Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin – Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
You must sign in to apply for this position.