At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Assist Associate/ Senior Quantity Surveyor to handle some QS works
- Check all deliverables performed by AQS prior to compile into Team’s Reports (following Practice Manual and QAQC manual);
- Be able to manage the design information (drawings and specifications), Request for Information (RFI) from/to the Designer;
- Prepare Full Bill of Quantity (BQ) following Standard Method of Measurement;
- Measurement of quantities for Architectural, Civil and Structure works (Interior/ façade and landscape works shall be added value);
- Be able to build up unit rate when required;
- Be able to understand the Preliminaries Works;
- Check all deliverables performed by AQS prior to compile into Team’s Reports (following Practice Manual)
- Preparation of project briefing meeting minutes;
- Preparation of partial Cost appraisal, Cost plan report and Pretender Cost Estimation Report (including measurement of construction floor area (CFA) and including Value Engineering Report;
- Preparation of Pre-Q report and tender documents;
- Support Senior QS for tender management; attend (if required) tender interview; manage tender clarification questionnaires all pre and post tender correspondence from/ to contractors;
- Support Senior QS in preparation of tender evaluation report/ Letter of Acceptance/ Contract Document
- Carry out the cost comparison, cost analysis and cost database and other operation databases of projects
- Record of insurances, warranty, bond and securities of projects
- Prepare valuation of Interim Payment Certificate (IPC),
- Assessment and closing out of variation order
- Support in preparation of financial statement report
- Preparation of final account report, statement of final account
- Follow up and update material prices trend on market
Qualifications & Experience:
- University graduate (Bachelor of Civil and Structure Engineer/ Bachelor of Architect/ Bachelor of Construction Management or equivalent)
- 5-9 years working in construction industry (3-6 years working as quantity surveyor)
- Good English speaking and writing skills (additional other language shall be added value)
- Understanding the QS roles in the projects
- Experience in measurement and assessment of unit rates
- Understanding the FIDIC contract, construction schedule
- Good communication, reporting, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Be able to work independently to carry out the task and meet deliverable expectation to manage team’s deadlines;
- Willing to work overtime / at weekend to fulfil the pending tasks or urgent requirement
- Willing to support / collaborate with colleague in the company
- Be able to attend site meeting and design meeting with / without Senior QS
- Be able to work on site (optional and when required)
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day, which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. At Arcadis, you will have the opportunity to build the career that is right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it is why we will take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Transform Your World
You must sign in to apply for this position.